The management of noise from mining operations is recognized as a fundamental responsibility of the mining industry. Implementing a noise management system that includes noise surveys, day and night noise mitigation, and some level of noise monitoring
is a primary function that is required to meet environmental impact standards in most locations.
Some potential noise sources from a mining operation includes: vehicles such as scrapers, dozers, excavators, and trucks; fixed equipment such
as conveyors and crushers; and blasting of rock and ore.
Larson Davis provides a complete suite of noise monitoring options that allows each operation to easily implement their own noise monitoring solution that meets their specific needs.
By owning the noise monitoring plan and the data, a mining operation can be in full control of the Noise Management Plan and the interaction with the community and regulatory agencies. Each mine can develop practical mitigation solutions that are
workable for the mining company and they can demonstrate that they effectively meet regulatory and community expectations. With Larson Davis monitoring solutions you can…
- Survey your operations
- Evaluate your compliance to regulations and standards
- Evaluate your mitigation efforts
- Continuously monitor your noise to confirm compliance
- Receive “alerts” for implementing immediate countermeasures
- Record sound file for noise source identification
- Publish noise measurements and sounds to the web for remote viewing
Community noise complaints can lead to costly regulatory investigations and requirements for operational limitations and constraints. Larson Davis monitoring systems allow a mining operation to gather detailed data and sound recordings that can be
used for addressing community concerns and perceptions. The data can be shared with communities and sound events can be listened to and correlated with complaints to identify sources. By proactively managing your community noise perception you
can save costly delays and unnecessary countermeasures.
Mining Noise Monitoring
Larson Davis systems offer a complete set of metrics including octave filters (1/1 and 1/3), frequency weighting, time weighting, Ln percentiles, community day and night noise calculations (Lden and CNEL), and more. Selecting a system
that serves the needs of the project and the budget will include evaluating variables such things as:
- Monitoring Duration
- Power Requirements
- Installation and Mounting
- Portability and Deployment
- Remote Communication
- Web Publishing and Alert Notification
- Sound File Recording
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Open Architecture and Customization
- 24-hr Technical Support
- Stone Quarry Noise Monitoring
- Equipment Noise Monitoring
- Mining Noise Management
- Blasting Noise Monitoring
- Conveyor Noise Monitoring
- Drilling Noise Monitoring
- Crusher Noise Monitoring
- Earth Moving Noise Monitoring
Selecting a Mining Noise Monitoring System
Learn more about Larson Davis' suite of Noise Monitoring Systems, with options from permanent installations to portable outdoor systems to Sound Level Meters for handheld, attended measurements.